Single Opt-In Risks
- Minimal security
- Possible account abuse
- Compromised privacy
With single opt-in, an email address is automatically added to the relevant email distribution list
as soon as it's submitted.
Double Opt-In Benefits
This can lead to compromised privacy because:
- Some people might submit their address inadvertently
- Some may have their address submitted for them, against their wishes
- Robust security
- Authorized confirmation for privacy protection
- No unwanted emails
Hustler Store's double opt-in process, the submitted
address is not immediately added to this list. Instead:
- An email is first sent to the address, requesting confirmation that this
address should indeed be added to the list
- If the recipient of the confirmation request does nothing, then the
submitted address is rejected.
The address is only added to the distribution list if the recipient responds to
the confirmation email.